Office renovation helps you to add innovation to your office space. Renovation energizes employees and highlights your active insight. The renovation is the right time to introduce new technology features or upgrade existing technology in office space. Sometimes renovation projects can get complicated and demand unexpected finances at intermediate stages. A proper strategy eliminates such issues. If you are planning an office renovation, you must have a clear perspective of how you wish your renovated office to look like. A client with a clear vision can frankly explain his requirements to the designer or architect, who is planning the renovation.
1. Identifying critical success factors: Firstly try to define the objective of renovating the building for the interior space. Also, one must even know why this time is the apt time for renovation. As a client, identify the benefits for the clients or how the newly renovated space may create problems for the client. Also, one has to check out who will benefit the most from the renovated office. You have to identify the physical and economic impediments to the project accomplishment.
If you own the office, you must optimize your resources. Try to minimize capital input and maximize your property value. Inculcate sustainability quotient to your renovated office space. It will add another dimension and enhance your business sense. Work out the critical success factors to make a renovation strategy most effectual.
2. Identifying landmarks which enhance property value: Look at the landmarks around your office space. Do you see any new remarkable change, e.g., new restaurants, multiplexes, healthcare units or conveyance lines? These are value perceived elements, making your property value. If the trees have grown up, it will add significant value to the project.
3. Create jobs: Try to obtain economic incentives on your project like local or property tax incentives. Try to use the renovation project as an opportunity to provide new jobs to people. If you can make your renovation project a point to provide jobs, people will appreciate it. If you invest in artificial landscaping ideas, you need the support of Human Resources or intellectual capital. You can provide jobs to people to arrange and fix artificial grass on the outdoors or else installing a fake garden. Some of the job profiles required are groundwork apprentice, landscape gardener, landscape laborer, hard landscaper, etc. You can also hire people to dust the landscaping fixtures once in a week or so.
4. Frame an exit strategy for the property: Identify any ways to convert the building for adaptive reuse. You can improve a few elements, which will add value later on. Assess the impact of structural modification. For instance, adding artificial topiary outdoor trees brings a picturesque touch to your office space. Clients will feel happier to enter inside. The employees will get a feel-good factor. You can also have artificial flowers for kitchen cabinets.
5. Communication plan: Create a communication plan so that the inhabitants stay informed of work schedule, at all stages. With this strategy, you can motivate them to feel interested in the renovation project.
6. Core strengths: Try to get the maximum benefit out of a building's core strengths. This defines the factors which existed when the building was newly built. Use renovation as a way to highlight or reinforce core business strengths. This strategy can help you gain a firm footing in the corporate market. The building renovation must be done in a way that not only the project managers benefit from the renovated view, but every visitor feels connected to the renovated office.
7. Identify features that need to be saved: You can try finding an Energy star rating to boost your corporate presence. If you can introduce energy efficiency inputs in the renovated office space, you can create a unique presence. You can invest in an Energy Star certification from a certified agency like LEED. An Energy Star rating will be an additional advantage. It will reflect your firm’s corporate social responsibility.
8. The finishing touch: Give an excellent finishing touch to interior space. You can add new paint colors or carpets. Alternately, you can have artificial grass and fake bushes in your office. Artificial landscaping is a pocket-friendly solution that applies to both interior and exterior office spaces. With their texture, color quality, variety, and intricacy, artificial flowers do not only look realistic to the eye, but they touch the heart of the viewers. Artificial flowers for garden or elsewhere is a sustainable beauty solution for office renovation since this stay anew as if blooming forever.
9. Design according to employees and visitors: Design the space according to the expectations of the employees or parties who are going to use the area. Most employees like open-plan offices. The office design trend is moving towards open-plan offices in place of closed cabinets. Employees are free to exchange information and ideas. So if possible, try to have an open plan office to maximize employee potential. Work out the financial aspects of the transition. An open plan office looks more extensive in the area and more sophisticated.
Try to think of ways to make your office space more vibrant and delightful. One of the cost-effective ways to introduce such a transition is through artificial landscaping. You can purchase landscaping accessories like silk hanging baskets for outdoors. Don’t be misguided by the term artificial. These decorative flowers look as beautiful as real ones, if not more. You can locate them at strategic locations to create maximum impact. You can have them at corners, central points, windows and even ceilings.
10. Design a multi-phased renovation scheme: Workout a phased plan rather than trying to do everything at a go. Analyse every element separately and work on them.
11. Invest in Sustainability initiatives: Invest in sustainability for sure. The inclusion of Sustainable elements if feasible shows your corporate sustainability sense. An energy star rating has a return on investment and is achievable. An appropriate sustainability message sets you apart and makes your office eco-friendly and welcoming.